Saturday, February 4, 2023

The Great 2023 Refit

 

[Image by PublicDomainPictures from Pixabay]

 This month marks the beginning of The Great 2023 Refit effort.

When I first acquired my boat - I thought, "I'll work for a few years - and then take some time off and go sailing again".

Well, client demands for my services have kept me busy for over the last 10+ years.

I deferred upgrading/replacing some items on the boat - as I wasn't sure how long the client engagements would keep me busy...and I wanted to delay any equipment upgrades until I was ready to prepare for my next voyage. 

Last year, I decided that this would be The Great 2023 Refit.

I arrived back in the marina Wednesday this week - and have been resting/recovering from a lot of traveling over four days.

Today, I began a few small tasks. 

Tomorrow, there will be more.

Monday - I will dive into the boat project list. 

As much as I can finish in the next three weeks - and then I will have the boat hauled-out and have the yard do some of the more difficult projects.

I expect the boat will be in the yard for 3-5 months - and should be ready for some shakedown cruises in the late summer / early fall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment