Friday, March 6, 2015

Longing for The Sea...

I am working now on a new client engagement...which should keep me busy for at least the remainder of this year...and perhaps (hopefully)...longer...

But I find myself looking out from my mid-town office, high up on the 10th floor, looking out over the waters of Puget Sound...and I find myself missing the feeling of being at sea.

I have not been on a long voyage for a few years...and I was not missing it, as I was living aboard in the marina, working, and enjoying the life of being on a beautiful coast - in a convenient marina - with my books surrounding me in the small office I leased near the marina.

But tonight, as I prepare to leave the client office (noting the time to myself, of 9pm...), I am aware of the smallest beginning of a swelling of longing that is beginning to make itself known at the edge of my conscious mind...

I long, to once again, commune with the whales and dolphins...while on a long passage...

I long, to once again, drop my anchor in a quiet cove of an island...

I long, to once again, walk the deserted streets of some foreign port city...long after all of the shops and bars have closed...covered by a brilliant canopy of stars...

I long, to once again, see the Milky Way reflected over the vast expanse of the ocean..

I long, to once again, stand midnight watch, waiting for the first glimmer of the sunrise...

I miss the sea...I hear it calling me...

No comments:

Post a Comment