Tonight as I pondered what date to select, these thoughts fluttered through my mind:
- I've finally got myself back aboard a sailboat
- I'm enjoying the experience of being a liveaboard again
- I'm in a great marina - and there are plenty of places to cruise nearby on the the weekend.
- The shuttle service to LAX picks-up here in the marina - and so I have easy access if/when I need to fly to client locations for meetings or periods of consulting work.
- Being back on the West Coast - and having the Pacific as my playground allows me easy no-hassle to great sailing - which is also convenient to where I've established my new office - I'm not in any great rush to take off for a long distant voyage...at least for the present.
- The allure of voyaging to Mexico again - isn't as strong as wanting to wait and have the financial resources to continue voyaging for more than a season.
- I can continue living aboard and sailing on the weekends and holidays for now - which satisfies my hunger for being upon the sea again...at least for now
- I need to have a plan for re-entry - and ideally have a place to store my 1,000+ library of books while I'm voyaging [need to sort out the implementation details for my shipping container mansion ideas]
- when I want to voyage to distant places - flying there and doing a bare-boat rental would be more convenient - since I will need to continue working for some years to prepare myself financially for the longer voyaging I seek to do in the future.
- Should the world/life slip sideways, there's always the option of just casting off the dock lines with just a day or two of preparation...
Listening to Jimmy Buffett's 'Beach House On The Moon'