Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Boat Purchase Progress...


The survey on the 1963 Pearson Alberg went well - and I've arranged for insurance and a 100 mile Vessel Assist towing package through BoatUS

I'm using the services of New England Marine Title (out of Alameda, CA) to complete the Abstract of Title and Coast Guard Documentation transfer.

Tomorrow I will mail the title documents that need to be signed - and will mail the final payment for the boat.  By Friday, I should have the bill-of-sale and a temporary Travel Letter (until the Certificate of Documentation is re-issued in my name)

The plan is to drive up this week to Sausalito, CA - spend Saturday preparing the boat - and sail to Half Moon Bay as the first stop on the harbor-hopping voyage South.

The initial leg will be a shake-down cruise - a short run to Half Moon Bay - and on the following weekend I will attempt to make great distance on subsequent legs.




No comments:

Post a Comment